Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Dining Room Re-do

My husband and I live in a 1920's farmhouse and for the past couple years I have really enjoyed furnishing our home with the majority of the furniture coming from Garage Sales, Thrift Stores and Antique Stores. Some of it...actually A LOT of it was even free! Perks of working for your father at a Thrift Store, I get first dibs! :)

When we first moved in to our home, I found our dining room table on Craigslist for only $10.00! It was a nice large table with black iron detail and 'Queen Anne' style legs. Not in perfect condition, but still a fantastic find! It just happened, at the same time, a gentleman donated 4 black iron chairs, they needed recovered and had gum stuck to the bottoms but I saw potential. My cousin who is amazing at reupholstering furniture, recovered the chairs for me and Wah-lah! We had a nice looking, CHEAP dining table and chairs!
BEFORE PICTURE


Around Christmas my father came across a nice, antique dining table that came with two leaves and 6 matching chairs. The set also came with a matching buffet. He planned on giving it to my mother for Christmas but she didn't like the color. I, on the other hand, thought it was perfect! I decided to take it and replace my $10 Table and Chairs. I was lucky and found the same fabric that I had used on my black chairs to recover the seat cushions on the new chairs. I really love how it looks in our dining room and it will be nice to have more seating for holidays in the future. That buffet will come in handy also for all of our nice dishes! 
AFTER PICTURE

Which one do you like better?

2 comments:

  1. I really like both of the tables! I like the wood chairs better though.
    I'm jealous you live in a 1920s farmhouse! Sounds so awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the after photo although both are nice. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete