Tuesday, March 6, 2012

It's a Zoo Out There!

The weather was amazing over the weekend... a little windy but other than that, a great day to spend at the zoo! Since Manhattan's zoo only has small animals, we decided to venture to the Topeka Zoo instead. I love the Topeka Zoo because they have the lions, tigers and bears oh my! ..okay I had to do that, I'm from Kansas. :)







Giraffes are so pretty in person. I used to hate giraffes because when I was in middle school that's what everyone called me because my neck was long...kids are cruel. But now I think they are beautiful.
Hubby wasn't too excited about me making him stand next to the Apes sign. There was a monkey in the building that was sitting by the window with a blanket draped over his head, aww so cute!

I feel sorry for them, living life behind bars.

The Elephants were enjoying the sunny weather. The Topeka Zoo has two elephants, both of a different species. There has been a lot of debate on whether the habitat is fit for them to live in and whether or not two different species should live together. There has been some intense protest on trying to get the elephants relocated to a sanctuary. I'm not sure how I feel about it because the elephants have lived in the zoo for so long I would think it would be a shock for them to be relocated?

                                                                                Last but not least, look at the adoreable baby hippo!

No comments:

Post a Comment