Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Shop Love

Working at my father's store, The Bargain Barrel, every day of the week is tough. Not because the work is difficult but because it is extremely difficult to resist some of the items that we get in for sale. It makes it even worse that I am the only one that cleans and prices these items and he lets me take home whatever I want. So to make sure I don't end up on a 'hoarders' television show, I have learned to resist.

 Thought I would share some of the items that are tempting me daily here at the store..

Now, I don't smoke. Never have and I never will but I LOVE retro-style ash trays. I love all of the different shapes and colors (especially that teal and brown one.) I have a huge green ceramic ash tray that was my grandparents sitting on an end table at my house that I use as a catch-all. They are also great for office or jewelry organization.


 If I could incorporate this Clown Cookie Jar into my kitchen someway, I wouldn't hesitate for one second on taking him home! I got him at a garage sale for $2 and he's amazing!  My cousin made some very cute felt wallets and catnip cat toys to sell and I do admit, I took one of each home with me. the felt wallet is a perfect case for my camera and my kitties loved the toy!

 Framed Crewel Artwork is another weakness of mine. I have three large pieces propped up in various places in my Studio (I have plaster walls so hanging artwork is always a crumbly situation.) If I had room to prop another, this one would be there. And it has sunflowers! Argh.

Last but not least, loving this Mid-Century Chip and Dip Bowl with the leaves. Love its visual appeal but I know I would never use it. Well that is all of my temptations.. for now! :)

5 comments:

  1. dang that is some cool stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is all great stuff! I'd have a hard time working there too and getting first dibs on things :) you must see some amazing pieces!~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have gotten some pretty interesting items, some things you are like, "What in the World?!" haha

      Delete
  3. That would be so hard to work there! I would seriously take it all and hoard it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband calls me a hoarder...He has no idea just how bad it COULD be..haha

      Delete