Thursday, September 20, 2012

Shower for Baby!

 Sunday, was my baby shower with our community neighbors and friends. Many of the ladies in attendance had attended my Mother's baby shower before she had me so I have known these people for my entire life. It is good to live in a small, country neighborhood where everyone cares and looks out for eachother. I really enjoyed visiting with everyone and I think they enjoyed getting together for the occasion also. My due date is October 20th..eek, one more month! My sister threw me this shower and she made it fun and special with a jungle animal theme.  She also made this CUTE diaper cake with all kinds of fun stuff..wash cloths, toys, hair clips, etc.

 Little Violet's gifts were placed in my antique baby cradle, so many cute gift bags! My sister placed a childhood photo of my husband and I with an African Violet plant in between. She had every guest sign a story book that she had placed on the table. I received so many wonderful, thoughtful gifts incuding this handmade quilt that my husband's grandmother quilted. It is exactly my style and fits the vintage feel of the baby's nursery. Laura didn't disappoint with the snacks either. There were yummy carrot cake cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, huge brownies, cookies, Peach upside-down cake and the most adoreable melon baby in a watermelon bassinet filled with fruit.  :)

It was a great day and Laura if you read this, THANK YOU!!




2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Just one month to go!! What a beautiful shower...Laura did such a great job. That diaper cake is the cutest and I absolutely love the quilt design with the flower faces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, how sweet! what a fun shower! And ohhh, it's almost time! An October baby-- how wonderful! best of luck@!~

    ReplyDelete