Tuesday, January 24, 2012

That's Bananas!

Mondays, are what I call my "housewife" day. This is the day I play catch-up. I cook, clean and do laundry all day long.

So, yesterday, I had some bananas that needed to be used so I looked through my recipes and found one for Banana Oatmeal Muffins. Perfect for a quick breakfast!

I used my new large muffin pan and they turned out moist and delicious!

Try these!
Banana Oatmeal Muffins
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. Rolled Oats
1/2 c. Granulated Sugar
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt

2 Eggs
1/4 c. Cooking Oil
1/4 c. Milk
1 c. (3 medium) Mashed Bananas
In a large mixing bowl, measure first 6 ingredients. Stir to mix, make a well in the center. In a small bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Mix in cooking oil, milk and mashed bananas. Pour into well. Stir mixture just to moisten. Batter will be lumpy. Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake in 400 degree oven for 20-25 min. Makes 12-18 regular muffins or 8 large muffins.

3 comments:

  1. These look good. I'm ready for breakfast already, lol! Oh, and I love that you call Mondays your "housewife" days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to bake but I'm not so big on the cooking lol.

      Delete
  2. Yummy. Gonna have to try these for breakfast soon. Lizzie would love them I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete